Effective Date: January 21, 2020
Last Revised: January 8, 2020
Some examples of our Services include:
- deploying private security personnel to on-site posts;
- monitoring and conducting surveillance of the properties designated by contract;
- implementing cybersecurity protocol and safeguards;
- providing professional security training; and
- updating you with newsletters and other informational documents.
While we strive to cover the broadest range of our information processing activities globally, these processing activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws. For example, the laws of a particular country or state may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that information. In those instances, we adjust our internal policies and practices to reflect the requirements of local law.
2. INTER-CON IS A GLOBAL CORPORATION HEADQUARTERED IN CALIFORNIA
Inter-Con is one of the largest security companies in the world, employing tens of thousands of individuals, not only throughout the United States, but also across twenty (20) countries and four (4) continents. A list of Inter-Con’s main offices is available at https://www.icsecurity.com/contact-us/ for reference. We are proud to boast a client list including federal, state, and local governments, multinational corporations, public utilities, and high net worth individuals. Above and beyond our commitment to security excellence, Inter-Con remains true to our roots. To this day, we remain 100% owned and managed by the family of Hank Hernandez, with our headquarters in Pasadena, California.
3. APPLICABILITY OF OTHER INTER-CON PRIVACY POLICIES
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect various types of information from you, including information you voluntarily provide us and information we get from your use of our Site and/or Services. For instance, in order to access certain portions of the Site, you may be asked to provide your contact information (e.g., name, email address, and phone number).
Information we collect about your use of our Site may, for example, include:
- the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your Internet Service Provider;
- the content you access;
- the functions or services you use on the Site and inquiries submitted;
- the operating system of the device from which you access the Site;
- up-time and other usage statistics about the Site;
- location information;
- your device’s unique identifier (e.g., CPU serial number);
- web browser used; and
- the date and time of your visit to the Site.
Information we collect through your express consent and/or applicable contract between us and you or your organization may, for example, include:
- physical addresses;
- mailing addresses;
- social security numbers;
- email addresses;
- phone numbers;
- bank account numbers;
- driver’s license numbers;
- employment information;
- educational information; and
- medical information.
5. HOW COLLECTED
6. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Inter-Con is established as the data controller and processor for our Site and may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to improve the Site, including any applications, Services, and software available through it;
- to improve the customer experience;
- to store your interests and preferences in order to customize your use of the Site;
- to communicate with you (e.g., customer support);
- to authenticate users;
- to improve other services;
- to compile and analyze trends; and
- to carry out transactions in connection with you.
We also may aggregate the collected information with information from other customers and users of the Site and our Services for analysis such as to determine user and performance trends. Generally, any such aggregation will involve de-identified or anonymous data.
7. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not provide, sell, or lease your personal information to any third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration without your express consent. However, you acknowledge that your personal information may be provided to third parties in connection with your use of their websites, applications, software, products, or services.
We may also share deidentified and/or aggregate consumer information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business operations. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties: (i) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of each business or assets; or (ii) if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information will be one of the transferred assets.
8. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may be able to update, correct, delete, and/or obtain a summary of your personal information collected by visiting our website at https://www.icsecurity.com/privacy-policy/. Alternatively, you may contact Inter-Con at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at +1 (800) 439-5550 for further information.
9. CONTACTING YOU
Unless you tell us otherwise by “opting out,” we may also contact you regarding other products and services that may be of interest to you. You can exercise your right to prevent such contact by visiting our website at https://www.icsecurity.com/privacy-policy/ or by contacting Inter-Con at email@example.com or toll-free at +1 (800) 439-5550.
11. RELEASE OF INFORMATION
12. LINKS, THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS, AND SOFTWARE
13. RETENTION OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
15. SECURITY OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
This Site and Services are not directed towards minors, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors who use the Site or Services.
17. PRIVACY SHIELD
With respect to the personal information covered by this Policy, Inter-Con complies with the EU-U.S./Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Inter-Con is committed to resolving complaints or concerns you may have about privacy or how your personal information is used. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved with us directly, you may contact our independent dispute resolution provider, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association for resolution (http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html).
Inter-Con is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission with respect to the Privacy Shield. Under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel. Notwithstanding any language to the contrary in this Policy, in cases of onward transfer to third parties of personal information of individuals received pursuant to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, Inter-Con is potentially liable.
18. CONTACT US
If you have questions regarding this Policy, you may contact us:
- by mail: 210 South De Lacey Avenue, Pasadena, California 91105, attention: Legal Department;
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- by phone: +1 (800) 439-5550.